Ledyard Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, seeks a Director of Faith Formation for our vibrant, enthusiastic, Open and Affirming congregation.
Our Sunday school has been led by a group of creative, talented, devoted congregants for many years. We would like to build on this by inviting a faith formation leader to oversee and foster Christian faith in our congregation. We encourage you to bring your creativity and innovation to the position. We are willing and eager to continue the journey of spiritual formation in both familiar and new ways.
We wish to further integrate our congregation by providing multigenerational experiences. We would like to coordinate Sunday mornings so that all ages participate in worship leadership, and the congregation as a whole explores similar/overlapping themes. An additional goal is to create family-friendly mission opportunities for varied local and global projects.
Faith Formation Leader responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Communicate regarding faith formation with families, children/youth, parents, Sunday School teachers, church staff and congregation.
• Use social media to share information and promote efforts
• Organize youth and family participation in community, family-focused events
• Oversee Safe Church compliance
• Lead “Children’s Message” during Sunday worship
• Plan and facilitate annual events such as Rally Day/Welcome Back Sunday, Christmas pageant
• Work with the Pastor, Sunday school teachers/Faith Formation team to provide curricula/themes, units, lessons etc.
• Work closely with the Pastor and other church staff to create intergenerational worship
• Keep a Faith Formation budget and manage supplies
• Attend/facilitate relevant meetings
• Organize outings/gatherings in conjunction with relevant committees/teams
• Encourage participation at Silver Lake and other appropriate CT Conference opportunities
• Participate in ongoing Continuing Education/Development UCC groups/workshops for faith formation staff
• Strong communication skills
• Working knowledge and practice of social media
• Positive and energetic personality
• Demonstrate familiarity with Christianity (preferably Protestant, UCC/ Congregational) and the Bible, and be comfortable with progressive Christian theology
• Experience working with children and youth
• Willingness to connect with the congregation and the wider community
• Open and eager to accompany us on a journey of faith
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time position of 10-12 hours per week initially.
Compensation is $15-20 per hour
For those interested in this position, please forward resume or letter of interest to the church via mail or email. Please send any questions to the church via email.
Address: 722 Colonel Ledyard Hwy, Ledyard, CT 06339